Active Topics Active Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Earn a Scholarship and Get Recruited

How Do You Avoid Burnout

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
NoCalBaller View Drop Down

Quote NoCalBaller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How Do You Avoid Burnout
    Posted: 18 Mar 2008 at 8:48am
What do you do if you have a player who has been playing for quite sometime and you feel that they are completely burned out. The kid has done the club thing and played alot in the Summer and is getting constant pressure from home. I really feel that the kid is starting to see that they are having a hard time living up to such high expectations. The kid gets very lazy at practice and has a very difficult time with being able to compete. The kid has had such high expectations that I think the game is no longer fun because they know deep down they are not living up to those expectations that are happening at home. I get the feeling that this kid really couldn't care one way or another if they are out there but maybe they feel if they don't play they are letting a parent down. The coach and assistant coach keep pushing but can't get anything out of this kid. Is it time to tell them maybe to stop playing or is there another option.
 Post Reply Post Reply