Taft Basketball Transfers!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Just-Hoop'n View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Admin Baller

Quote Just-Hoop'n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Taft Basketball Transfers!
    Posted: 11 Oct 2008 at 4:16pm
It's Confirmed Taft Landed All These Kids Over The Summer. Does Anyone Know Anymore That Transfered In That I May Have Missed? I've Been A Taft Basketball Fan For Awhile Now And It Should Be Fun To Watch How DT Finds PT For All Of Them. Taft Back To Back LA City Section Champions! 2008 & 2009

David Shepard-Dykes - Oxnard
De'Andre Daniels - Renaissance Academy
Dominique Evans - Van Nuys
Bryce Jones - View Park Prep
Sam Natt - Dorsey

I just got off the phone with Taft coach Derrick Taylor and he couldn't be happier about the upcoming season.

You can't blame him when he says, "I have 21 guys on varsity right now and they all can play. I have to find a way to drop some guys down to JV."

Taylor may have the most talent-laden team in the area.

Taft returns seniors Justin Hawkins, Terran Carter and Michael Williams. Hawkins is headed to UNLV, Carter is receiving interest from CSUN, Montana St. and Boston College and Williams is looking at Northern Arizona as a possible place to unleash his lethal 3-point stroke.

The Toreadors also are welcoming several newcomers who are turning heads during sixth-period basketball class.

Taylor has been impressed by David Shepard-Dykes, a point guard from Oxnard.

"If we had our first game today, he would be the starting point guard," Taylor said.

The other newcomers are 6'7 junior De'Andre Daniels from Renaissance Academy, junior Bryce Jones from View Park Prep, sophomore Dominique Evans from Van Nuys and Dorsey's Sam Natt.

Don't forget about freshman Landon Drew either.

"Landon is going to play a lot," Taylor said. "He is so far ahead because he has grown up in a gym practically."

Taylor is also high on sophomores Khiry Williams and Spencer Dinwiddie.

"One college recruiter told me he thinks we have 13 Division I players when it's all said and done."

Edited by iamadminballer7 - 11 Oct 2008 at 4:17pm
4who4what32 View Drop Down

Quote 4who4what32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2008 at 9:34am
Looks like Taft will repeat as city champs. I just wonder how a public school can get so many transfers concidently after they win the city championship.
www.sportspower.com
 Post Reply Post Reply